Did you hear about the chickpea farmer you who died at dinner? The coroner’s ruling it a hummus side. I don’t know about you but nothing says summer to me like a nice dip. Check out this simple creation and be on the lookout for more just like it as the weather continues to warm up!
Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 2 minutes Yield: 2 Cups
1 Can of Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
¼ c. of Tahini
½ Lemon, Juiced
10 Cloves of Roasted Garlic
¼ c. of Water
2 tbsp. of Olive Oil
¼ tsp. of Cumin
Warm Pita Bread, Pita Chips, Vegetables
For Roasted Garlic:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice off top of garlic head and remove papery outer layer.
- Place in foil, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap tightly and cook for 30 minutes.
- Place chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, roasted garlic, water, olive oil and cumin into food processor. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and process. (Adjust amount of water to achieve desired consistency.)
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and/or crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve with warm pita bread, pita chips or your favorite vegetables and enjoy!